Living and Holidaying on Poole Quay
Holidaying or even living near Poole Harbour in Dorset has lots to recommend it.
- It has the largest natural harbour in Europe and the second largest in the world.
- It has 3 miles of deep golden sand beaches and Sandbanks has been voted the best beach in Britain and has won the Blue Flag award thirteen times.
- Sandbanks (an area of Poole) has 18 millionaires residing and is the fourth most expensive place to buy land per acre in the world.
- It is home to Brownsea Island, which is famous for its red squirrels and its links to the Scouting movement. It is owned by the National Trust and you can easily get a boat trip from the quay to the Island for a great day out.
- It has thriving town and the shopping centre is within walking distance of Poole Quay.
- The quay is home to the world famous Poole Pottery. Poole Pottery has a factory outlet on the quay and there you are able to buy reduced 'seconds' of popular ranges (you can't always tell the difference) as well as their full priced products.
Poole Pottery is sold all over the world and is very collectable.
- You can get a ferry from Poole harbour to Cherboug in Western France.
- The train station is only a one minute walk from the main shopping area. From here you can get a train to London which takes approx 2 hours.
- The habour is excellent for sailing, fishing and jet-skiing.
Their boats moor next door to the expensive yachts in the marina.You can still buy fish direct from the boats. At the opposite end of the quay is the lifting bridge which opens hourly to let the boats through.In the marina you'll find all sorts of yachts including Sunseeker and you'll also see their yachts on the other side of the quay where they're made!.If you want to live or holiday in a Mediterranean atmosphere consider coming to Poole - it's ideal for full time living and for holiday homes..Chloe Greenslade has lived in Poole all her life and although she has travelled all around the UK always returns to her roots. She now runs http://www.budsyhomefinder.com helping people find their ideal home in Dorset and the New Forest.
By: Chloe Greenslade
A Peak Inside Parliament Superbreak launches tour packages - The election may be over, but why not have a peak inside the Houses of Parliament this summer before the newly formed cabinet returns in October.
Discount Broadway Show Tickets in New York Without the wait - The TKTS booth in South Street Seaport sells discount tickets to Broadway Shows the day of the show.
One for Ten Cabin Fever in Haines Alaska - One for Ten: Cabin Fever in Haines Alaska by Adam Longnecker 05/05/2001 Mountains, massive piles of rock and earth shaped by glaciers, erosion, and weather; can conjure feelings of awe, enlightenment and fear in people.
Travel Wallet Checklist - A travel wallet can be pretty handy when you´re on the move, especially on international trips.
Tribals of Jharkhand India - Introduction: Jharkhand is a newly created state in Indian and it was carved out of the southern part of Bihar on 15th November 2000.